- Accidents and Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Business Litigation
Born and raised in Chicago, Stuart earned a liberal arts degree from the University of Colorado and received his law degree from the University of Denver School of Law.
He has been a member of the Colorado State Bar since1986, and has represented clients before the Supreme Court of Colorado, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the Tenth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals, and the United States Federal Claims Court.
Stuart is distinguished as a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has been practicing law for more than 30 years. Before establishing Mann & Maximon, Stuart was a partner in the Denver-based law firm of Beem & Mann, a litigation firm that specialized in personal injury cases.
Recognizing a shared vision for providing outstanding, personalized legal service to people in need, he partnered with long-time friend and colleague Joshua Maximon to form Mann & Maximon in 2010.
Stuart has expertise in tort law, personal injury, product liability, trade secret, and commercial litigation cases. He specializes in bicycle, auto, truck, and motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, bad faith insurance, and business disputes (including fraud, discrimination, breach of contract, and trade secret protection). Stuart represents his clients in all phases of litigation, from the initial filing of a suit or claim through mediation, negotiation, and trial. Stuart is a fierce advocate for his clients and finds no greater satisfaction than helping someone who has suffered loss because of another's negligence.
Outside the office and courtroom, Stuart is an avid cyclist and has competed in multiple ultra-endurance races, including the Leadville Trail 1100, La Ruta De Los Conquistadores in Costa Rica and the Bailey Hundo. As an undergraduate, he played soccer for the University of Colorado and following college he went on to play soccer with the Denver Kickers. Stuart's athletic and competitive drive extends naturally to his law practice. Stuart and his wife live in Boulder, where they raised their three children. In addition to competitive cycling, Stuart enjoys spending time in his garden and tending to his bees and chickens.
- Beem & Mann, Partner
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1986
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Truck Injury Lawyers of Colorado, LLC
- Adams County Bar Association
- Broomfield County Bar Association
- Boulder Bar Association
- National Board Of Trial Advocacy
- American Board Of Trial Advocates
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence
- Colorado, 1986
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Federal Claims Court
- Receiver, Gold 1000 Mile Rodeo Buckle
- Civil Trial Attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Broomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Denver Kickers Soccer Club, Captain
- Denver Kickers Soccer Club, Coach